AGM Notice & Board Elections with Guided Tour of Brompton Cemetery with Rick Glanvill
The Chelsea Supporters Trust is happy to confirm details of its first Annual General Meeting and Board Elections, to take place at Stamford Bridge on Saturday August 17th at 14:00, open to paid members of the Trust.
Before the AGM, official Chelsea FC historian and author Rick Glanvill will be holding a tour of nearby Brompton Cemetery, talking about its history and unique relationship with Chelsea Football Club. This one-off opportunity to learn about Chelsea and its past, in the shadow of Stamford Bridge, is open to all Trust members.
The tour will take place at 11:30 with final details, including the meeting point, to be issued from the website and our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Background on the Chelsea Supporters Trust:
The idea to form an official trust for Chelsea supporters was first mooted in 2002 when a group of supporters approached Supporters Direct, the organisation that oversees the formation and launches of such bodies, with a view to founding a supporters trust.
However, following the arrival of Roman Abramovich at Chelsea Football Club, those involved decided against proceeding at that time. The idea was resurrected and given fresh impetus in early 2012 through public meetings, the creation of a working group and finally, the launch of the Chelsea Supporters Trust in February of this year.
The Trust is now at the stage of taking on mandates from its membership through the formation of a Trust Board at our first AGM.
If you are a Chelsea supporter, but not yet a member, we encourage you to sign up, attend and vote at the AGM!
|A point from the floor at the CST Launch Meeting|
What you need to know about the AGM:
- If you would like to attend the AGM and have your say, you must be a paid member of the CST. To do so, please click on "Register" from the homepage of this website. Membership costs £5 per year. You must be a registered member by Thursday August 15th to attend the AGM and guided tour.
- As previously publicised, to stand for election you must be a paid member of the CST and be nominated by a paid member. The deadline to stand is this Saturday night, August 3rd at midnight. Further details here.
- The meeting will also discuss motions from the Working Group based on our recent member survey as to the Trust's direction for the next 12 months. If you are a paid member and would like to propose a motion please email firstname.lastname@example.org, seconded by another paid member. Motions will also be taken on the day from the floor.
- If you cannot attend the AGM and would like to vote on the board elections, should they be contested, and motions put forward at the meeting, the Trust will be taking votes online for a period of two weeks after the AGM. This process will be initiated via email.
- The Trust will also strive to broadcast the meeting live via the Chelsea Football Fancast's Mixlr stream, dependent on internet coverage at the venue. We anticipate being able to do so and will advise via Twitter, where live updates will also be tweeted during the AGM. A podcast of the meeting will also be made available.
|April's Special General Meeting at The Atlas Pub|
Notice of Chelsea Supporters Trust Annual General Meeting:
This is to advise all that:
By order of the interim board, notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Chelsea Supporters Trust will be held at 14:00 on Saturday 17th August at the Lord Attenborough Suite of the Copthorne Hotel, Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, SW6 1HS, kindly allowed us by Chelsea FC.
"The purpose of this AGM will be to hold the Board Elections, should they be contested, vote on motions for the following year, present to the membership the results of the member survey conducted in May and to update the membership and answer any questions on general Trust business."
An agenda will be issued via the website and social media once nominations for the elections have been finalised. The notice for election can be found here.
As the capacity is limited to 50 people, should you wish to attend, please email email@example.com confirming your attendance. Priority will be given to those who email in advance of the meeting.
CHELSEA SUPPORTERS TRUST
'Making your voice heard!'
Facebook: Chelsea Supporters Trust